The role of cholesterol in health and illness

Cholesterol is considered negatively in most individuals, but cholesterol does play a significant part in the body’s functioning. Cholesterol is important to maintain several vital biochemical processes in our bodies. It regulates the immunity and defense processes of our body. It also carries lipids and other essential fats throughout the body. The most significant role cholesterol plays, however, is to safeguard our body arteries, veins, and muscles. Cholesterol is not bad itself. Your body needs cholesterol for the production of hormones, vitamin D, and digestive fluids. Cholesterol also helps your organs work properly.

Approximately 25% of our daily cholesterol requirements (300-500 mg) come from our diet, and the remaining 75% of cholesterol is produced by the body itself. Although our bodies are capable of producing so much cholesterol on their own, cholesterol from dietary sources is still very important. The only way to prevent the body from overproducing cholesterol is to consume enough dietary cholesterol and reduce carbohydrate intake.

Cholesterol is a substance produced in the liver that is essential to human life. Cholesterol plays an important role in the synthesis of vitamin D3, which is responsible for the proper calcification of the bone.  Cholesterol is often referred to by the words LDL and HDL. Both are lipoproteins, which are fat and protein compounds that transport cholesterol throughout the body.  LDL, often referred to as “bad” cholesterol, is low-density lipoprotein. While HDL often referred to as “good” cholesterol, High-density lipoproteins. However, getting too much LDL cholesterol can be an issue. High LDL cholesterol over time can damage your arteries, lead to heart disease, and boost your risk of stroke.

While high cholesterol is always a severe health risk, females with high cholesterol can be protective of breast cancer.

Treatment for high cholesterol levels

Carefully monitoring your cholesterol on frequent visits to your doctor, and through a healthy diet, exercises, changes in lifestyle, and medication may help to reduce heart disease complications. But, if you’ve made these significant lifestyle changes and your cholesterol concentrations stay high, your doctor may suggest medication. You should continue to change the lifestyle even though you are taking medicines. There are several types of cholesterol-lowering drugs available online. Thousands of internet pharmacies are accessible to purchase medicines. Canadian pharmacy online provides a vast range of combination medicines which include more than one type of cholesterol-lowering medicine that you can get at your doorstep without hassle.

From a nutritional point of view, reducing saturated fat is the best way to lower your cholesterol. A high fiber diet can also assist in reduced cholesterol concentrations. Soluble fiber can decrease cholesterol absorption into your bloodstream. Thus, soluble fibers contained food that needs to add to your daily diet plan. Soluble fibers are found in ingredients such as oatmeal, kidney beans, and sprouts from Brussels, apples, and pears. Drinking plenty of water will keep your blood clean and eliminate excessive cholesterol waste from the body. You can considerably decrease cholesterol concentrations by losing your body weight. Foods with omega-3 fatty acids include salmon, mackerel, herring, walnuts and flaxseeds also assist to reduce your cholesterol concentrations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous post How VoIP Can Help You to Grow Your Business
Next post The Best Tips to Buy Viagra at Online Pharmacies